Tuesday, July 10, 2018

10 Jul 2018 - Bilge Flooded with Water

I usually check bilge compartments regularly, at least once a week. During one of my checks, when I lifted the center bilge cover in companionway hall, I noticed quite a bit of water. Tasted, not salty.

Next step was to check other aft bilge areas, all of which were flooded at even higher levels. Surprisingly no alarms or signs of supposedly "automatic" bilge pumps having kicked in to pump out water. Immediately started to investigate the source of the leak.
Took quite some time but I finally found out that the source is most probably the shower mixer or hose fitting behind shower wall in Master bathroom. When the mixer is open, part of the water is leaking to bilge area behind the shower wall. I could not see where the leak was exactly originating from but my best guess would be loose water connection fittings. Princess has been informed about the issue. 
Fingers crossed, let's see how long this one will take to fix!
Status: Pending since 10Jul18
Companionway bilge, closer to bow section of the hull. Bilge pump and float switch could be seen on the right side.
Master cabin bilge area
Bilge area forward of Master cabin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!